Effective Date: January 6, 2023
Last Reviewed on: January 6, 2023
Information DKP Collects
DKP’s website (the “Website”) collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
In particular, DKP has collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||No|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||No|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||Yes|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||No|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on the student’s behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No|
The Website obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on the Website.
- From third parties, for example, DKP’s business partners.
Use of Personal Information
DKP may use or disclose the personal information it collects for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about DKP’s products or services, DKP will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, DKP will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. DKP may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop the Website, products, and services.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve DKP’s responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve the Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of DKP’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by DKP about Website users is among the assets transferred.
DKP will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
DKP may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. DKP only makes these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, DKP has disclosed personal information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
DKP does not sell personal information. In the preceding twelve (12) months, DKP has not sold personal information.
Personal Information Category
|Category of Third-Party Recipients|
|Business Purpose Disclosures||Sales|
|A: Identifiers.||Internet/email service providers||None|
|B: California Customer Records personal information categories.||Internet/email service providers||None|
|C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||None||None|
|D: Commercial information.||None||None|
|E: Biometric information.||None||None|
|F: Internet or other similar network activity.||Data analytics provider||None|
|G: Geolocation data.||Data analytics provider||None|
|H: Sensory data.||None||None|
|I: Professional or employment-related information.||None||None|
|J: Non-public education information.||None||None|
|K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.||None||None|
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Data Portability
You have the right to request that DKP disclose certain information to you about its collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months (the “Right to Know”). Once DKP receives your request and confirms your identity, DKP will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information DKP collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information DKP collected about you.
- DKP’s business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom DKP shared that personal information.
- If DKP sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- The specific pieces of personal information DKP collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that DKP delete any of your personal information that DKP collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the “Right to Delete”). Once DKP receives your request and confirms your identity, DKP will review your request to see if an exception allowing DKP to retain the information applies. DKP may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for DKP or its service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which DKP collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of DKP’s ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform DKP’s contractual obligations to you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with DKP.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
DKP will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from DKP’s records and will direct DKP’s service providers to take similar action.
Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete
To exercise your Rights to Know or Right to Delete described above, please submit a request by contacting DKP here.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a Right to Know request or Right to Delete request related to your personal information.
You may also make a Right to Know request or Right to Delete request on behalf of your child by contacting DKP here.
You may only submit a Right to Know request twice within a 12-month period. Your Right to Know request or Right to Delete request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows DKP to reasonably verify you are the person about whom DKP collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows DKP to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
DKP cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if DKP cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
You do not need to create an account with DKP to submit a Right to Know request or Right to Delete request. However, DKP does consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
DKP will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
Response Timing and Format
DKP will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact DKP here.
DKP endeavors to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If DKP requires more time (up to another 45 days), DKP will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with DKP, DKP will deliver its written response to that account. If you do not have an account with DKP, DKP will deliver its written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures DKP provides will only cover the 12-month period preceding DKP’s receipt of your Right to Know request. The response DKP provides will also explain the reasons DKP cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, DKP will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
DKP does not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If DKP determines that the request warrants a fee, DKP will tell you why DKP made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are age 16 or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). DKP does not sell the personal information of consumers DKP actually knows are less than 16 years old. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to DKP by contacting DKP here.
Once you make an opt-out request, DKP will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by contacting DKP here.
You do not need to create an account with DKP to exercise your opt-out rights. DKP will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
DKP will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, DKP will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.