Last Updated: October 2022
DK Pierce & Associates, Inc. (“DKP” or “Company”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through DKP’s compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.dkpierce.net or www.dkpscout.com (collectively, the “Website”) and DKP’s practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information DKP collects:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- The Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including DKP’s affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including DKP’s affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
2. Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. DKP does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to DKP, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If DKP learns it has collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, DKP will delete that information. If you believe DKP might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact DKP here.
3. Information DKP Collects About You and How DKP Collects It
DKP collects several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, company, job title, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
DKP collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to DKP.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, DKP’s business partners.
a. Information You Provide to DKP
The information DKP collects on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to DKP’s services, or requesting further services. DKP may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact DKP.
- Your responses to surveys that DKP might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
b. Information DKP Collects Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, DKP may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information DKP collects automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. The information collected helps DKP to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling DKP to:
- Estimate DKP’s audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing DKP to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies DKP uses for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and DKP’s emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
DKP does not collect personal information automatically, but DKP may tie this information to personal information about you that it collects from other sources or that you provide to DKP.
DKP does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
5. How DKP Uses Your Information
DKP uses information that DKP collects about you or that you provide to DKP, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from DKP.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out DKP’S obligations and enforce DKP’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and DKP, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services DKP offers or provides though it.
- In any other way DKP may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
DKP may also use your information to contact you about DKP’s own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want DKP to use your information in this way, please email DKP here.
DKP may use the information DKP has collected from you to enable DKP to display advertisements to its advertisers’ target audiences. Even though DKP does not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
DKP may disclose aggregated information about the Website’s users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To DKP’s subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties DKP uses to support its business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of DKP’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by DKP about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by DKP when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
DKP may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If DKP believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of DKP, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Choices About How DKP Uses and Discloses Your Information
DKP strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to DKP. Accordingly, DKP has created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote DKP’s own products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which DKP collects your data (the registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by contacting DKP here. If DKP has sent you a promotional email, you may send DKP a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
DKP does not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on NAI’s website.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices.
8. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may contact DKP here to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to DKP. DKP cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. DKP may not accommodate a request to change information if DKP believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, and Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices.
9. Your State Privacy Rights
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether DKP processes their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please contact DKP here.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request here. However, please know DKP does not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
11. Contact Information